Rand McNally today introduced OverDryve 8 Pro II, the next generation of its powerful trucking device for navigating, playing SiriusXM radio, recording dashcam footage, calling and texting hands-free, browsing the web, and more.
The OverDryve 8 Pro II features an innovative new design that is three times faster than the first-generation devices, according to a statement from the company. Routing on the new OverDryve Pro is powered by Rand Navigation 2.0, the company’s proprietary navigation system that debuted earlier this year.
Other innovations of the OverDryve 8 Pro II include a fully adjustable built-in dashcam, which can be moved and positioned to record an optimal view, and a stronger magnetic mount, which enables a quick and easy snap-in and snap-out of the device yet holds the unit more firmly when mounted.
“What we’ve done with this next generation is upgrade and improve upon the most valuable features of our OverDryve Pro devices,” said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally. “Rand Navigation 2.0 on its own brings OverDryve Pro to a whole new level of technological sophistication for professional drivers. The new navigation significantly improves usability with truly remarkable, glanceable graphics and provides access to advanced features like weather and traffic overlays that give current conditions and those down the road.”
Key features of the OverDryve 8 Pro include:
- High-definition 8-inch screen
- Rand Navigation 2.0 featuring advanced truck routing, a modern, clean interface, and easy to see visuals such as three-dimensional cities and landmarks
- A fully adjustable dashcam with loop recording and an integrated G sensor to create optimal recordings
- Built-in SiriusXM radio with the first three months of service free
- An upgraded, stronger magnetic mount that supports tethering to enable playing audio from OverDryve 8 Pro through any Bluetooth speaker
- Dedicated digital signal processing for greater audio clarity on calls
- Increased battery capacity and more powerful processors for faster routing and smoother graphics
- Live traffic, current fuel prices, and weather conditions down the road
- Enhanced driver tools such as mileage and fuel logs
- ELD-readiness with the Rand McNally DriverConnect app on board
- Safety features such as voice assistance and hands-free calling and texting
“We are pleased to progress the device further with the launch of the new OverDryve 8 Pro,” said Fletcher. “ It is our mission at Rand McNally to continually improve, upgrade, and innovate in-cab tools for professional drivers.”
This year, Rand McNally’s statement said the company has overhauled its line of dedicated in-cab devices, moving them to the Rand Navigation 2.0 platform in the process. The Chicago-based company also is offering the navigation software as an Android app for trucking fleet subscription.
The OverDryve Pro sells for $599.99.