Garmin International, Inc. today announced the dēzl OTR500 in a new 5.5” size with a crisp, HD resolution touchscreen display that is easy to see and operate on the road. This addition to the popular dēzl OTR lineup, which includes the dēzl OTR700/800/1000, gives truck drivers more options than ever when it comes to the size of their GPS truck navigator. The entire dēzl OTR family also introduces PrePass weigh station bypass. With an active PrePass account, truck drivers receive on-screen notifications about upcoming weigh stations and bypass options, saving time and improving efficiency. PrePass joins an impressive list of features available on the dēzl OTR series including innovative load-to-dock guidance, popular truck routes and custom truck routing.
“Motor carriers on tight schedules encounter weigh stations everyday. The ability to safely and legally bypass them is time, fuel, and money saved,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales. “Truck drivers are accustomed to checking their dēzl navigator throughout their route, and now they can receive crucial PrePass notifications in the same place as their navigation and route guidance.”
Key features on the dēzl OTR series:
- Available in a 5.5-, 7-, 8-, and 10-inch display size
- Built-in PrePass notifications now available on all dēzl OTR models with a software update. Requires active PrePass account and use of the Garmin DriveTM app on a compatible smartphone; available for use in the United States
- Custom truck routing based on size and weight of rig and load
- Road warnings for bridge heights, weight limits and sharp curves
- Load-to-dock guidance shows potential loading zones and storage lots near a destination
- Truck & Trailer Services directory, popular truck paths, truck parking and easy break planning
- Smart features including Garmin voice assistant, Tripadvisor® traveler ratings, live fuel prices, traffic and weather when paired with the Garmin Drive mobile app on a compatible smartphone
- Works with the Garmin eLog compliant ELD and select Garmin backup cameras (each sold separately)
The new dēzl OTR500 offers the same features as the other larger OTR models in a compact, 5.5” size and an entry-level MRP of $299.99.