by Ron McLain
This recipe is ideal for using the RoadPro 12-volt stove in your cab.
- 6 eggs, scrambled and seasoned
- Small can of olives
- 8 oz can mushrooms (stems pieces)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup (about 6 florets) cauliflower, broken up into small pieces
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 oz thin sandwich sliced pepperoni, cut into small pieces
- Line your lunchbox stove/oven with nonstick foil.
- Scramble the eggs in a large bowl. Add all the veggies, pepperoni, and half of the cheese. Mix it all together.
- Pour it into the stove/oven. Top with the leftover cheese.
- Latch the lid and plug it in.
- Let it cook until it sets.
- Unplug the stove and let it cool for a few minutes as it will start to pull away from the sides as it cools.
- Cut out what you want to eat and refrigerate it in containers to eat later. Warm up in your stove for leftovers.
Substitute different fillers as you desire. Examples: carrots, beans, broccoli, sausage, bacon, grilled chicken, etc.
Ron McClain is an ex-Navy nuclear submariner, and truck driver for 26 years. He has been using the 12v stoves for 20+ years. McClain started out just warming up cans of chunky soup and stew. Later on he discovered the advantage of using foil to line the pans. It helps with cleaning up after.