A driver for FedEx Express won the grand champion title at the Trucking Association of New York truck driving competition Friday June 10 and Saturday June 11 at Long Branch Park in Liverpool, near Syracuse, New York.
After a two-hour delay caused by heavy rains, almost 100 drivers took to the course laid out by veteran driver Mike Mastroianni Saturday morning.
Winners in each class qualify to participate in the national competition in August.
2016 TANY Truck Driving Championships Final Standings included:
- Grand Champion: James Kohr, FedEx Express
- Written Test: Mark McLean, FedEx Freight
- Pre-Trip Inspection: James Kohr, FedEx Express
- Rookie Award: Jason Mulcahy, FedEx Freight
- Team Trophy: The Martin Brower Company
Winners in each class included:
- 3 Axle: Pete Vukas, XPO
- 4 Axel: William Connolly, Walmart Transportation
- 5 Axel: James Kohr, FedEx Express
- Flatbed: Timothy Graf, Delhaize America Transportation
- Sleeper Berth: David Christie, XPO Logistics
- Straight Truck: David May, XPO Logistics
- Tank Truck: David Watson, FedEx freight
- Twin Trailers: Stephen Black, Golub Corporation
- Step Van: Jeffrey Evans. FedEx Ground