October is shaping up to be the month for hometown truck shows. A series of smaller truck shows will take place throughout the month, making up the majority of the trucking industry’s calendar.
The Hot & Cold Big Rig Truck Show, hosted by Southwest Truck Parts, will bring truckers and their families together in Pratt, Kansas on Oct. 6. The show will take place at the northeast corner of Highway 61 and Highway 54 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Industry vendors will be present and there will be a free concert by the Aaron Woods Band at 6:30 p.m. immediately followed by a last light show and fireworks. There will be a convoy down Main Street and truck awards. For truckers with children, the show will have a kids area with train rides, a sand pit, balloon animals, and more. Admission is free and any proceeds from the show will be donated to charity. This is the show’s second year.
Here’s what’s happening in October:
- Oct. 5-7: American Truck Historical Society (ATHS) Southern Wisconsin Chapter Truck and Tractor Show at Richland County Fairgrounds in Richland Center, Wisconsin
- Oct. 5-6 All Mack Show at Gerhart Machinery, 910 Brunnerville Rd, Lititz, Pennsylvania
- Oct. 6: Hot & Cold Big Rig Truck Show at the Northeast Corner of Hwy 61 and Hwy 53 in Pratt, Kansas
- Oct. 6: All Truck Show at Noble County Fairgrounds in Caldwell, Ohio
- Oct. 6: ATHS Heart of Dixie Chapter Trucks on the Lake Show at Guntersville City Harbor in Guntersville, Alabama
- Oct. 7: ATHS Pioneer Valley Chapter Truck Show at Westfield-Barnes Regional Airport in Westfield, Massachusetts
- Oct. 7: Truck/Tractor Show at Union Village Shopping Center in Union, Missouri
- Oct. 12-13: Western North Carolina Truck Show at Western North Carolina Agriculture Center in Fletcher, North Carolina
- Oct. 14: Balt-Wash ATHS Fall Show at Bowles Farms in Clements, Maryland
- Oct. 14-17: NMFTA Member Meeting at Hyatt Regency Savannah in Savannah, Georgia
- Oct. 19-20: Jerry Porter Memorial Show at 7061 County Road 24 in Orland, California
- Oct. 19-21: Grease, Steam & Rust Association’s Truck Show at Fulton County Fairgrounds in McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania
- Oct. 20-21: County Crossroads Education of Yesterday Show in Dresden, Ohio
- Oct. 21: ATHS San Diego Truck Show at Antique Gas and Steam Engine Museum in Vista, California
- Oct. 27: ATHS Piedmont Carolina Fall Antique Truck Show at Piedmont Triad Farmers Market in Colfax, North Carolina