U.S. Xpress, Inc., headquartered in Chattanooga, Tenn., was chosen for the award from over 1,700 truckload carriers. They service over 20 customers for Ryder.
“As a winner of the Ryder Carrier Quality Award for National Dry Van carrier for the fourth consecutive year we are deeply humbled and honored,” said John White, U.S. Xpress’ chief marketing officer. “This recognition, which is based upon our performance supporting 20 disparate customers of Ryder, is a testament to what our mutual organizations can accomplish when we partner from a strategic level and execute upon those commitments with tactical excellence on a daily basis. We will now turn our attention to 2016, with the goal of a repeat performance.”
U.S. Xpress, Inc. Fleet Profile
- CCJ Top 250 #13
- Founded in 1985
- Average equipment age of 2 years
- All new trucks have automatic transmissions, sleepers, truck-friendly GPS with spoken turn by turn directions
- All new trailers have SkyBitz trailer tracking
- Solo, dedicated and team driving opportunities
- Solo over the road drivers start at up to $0.44 cents per mile (cpm)
- Teams start at up to $0.55 cpm with a $0.22 cpm monthly mileage bonus, plus an additional $0.05 cpm bonus if they stay out 45 days.
- Dedicated route drivers earn $60,000+ their first year
- Layover pay
- Extra pick-up/drop pay
- Detention pay
- Home time varies by account from home daily to out two weeks for solos and three weeks for teams
- Drivers earn an annual retention bonus, which increases yearly
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health, dental and vision insurance
- Rider Policy: Passenger rider program for children ages 10 and over and adults not holding a CDL. Only one rider permitted.
- Pet Policy: One cat or dog welcome on board. Dog must be a non-aggressive breed.
- $10,000 life insurance policy provided by the company
- 401 (k) plan
- Pre-Pass for scales
- Operation Jump Start: Honors veterans who exited the military within the past 3 years with an honorable discharge who come to U.S. Xpress, Inc. as driver trainees. Once they complete training and upgrade to first seat driving status they are given a pay rate equal to two years driving experience.
General Employment Requirements:
- 21 years of age
- Completed employment application
- Class A CDL (Certain Dedicated accounts require Hazmat endorsements)
- Ability to perform the functions described in the job description
- Ability to read, speak and write the English language in accordance with DOT regulations
- Meet I-9 requirements
- Pass a DOT physical examination
- Pass a company physical standards test
- Pass a company road test
- Pass DOT drug screen
- No positive drug or controlled substance tests at previous employers
- No alcohol or controlled substance test refusals at previous employers
- No previous alcohol test results with a breath alcohol concentration of .04 or greater while operating a commercial motor vehicle
- No refusals for drugs and/or alcohol tests while operating a commercial motor vehicle