Grimes Trucking, headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, is expanding its Atlanta terminal.
As part of that project, the company is hiring a full-time business development manager to locate new relationships and freight opportunities. The company also now holds driver orientations in Atlanta.
“Developing more business relationships and steady freight opportunities in the Atlanta area allows us to bring on more regional OTR positions and even local company driver positions in the Atlanta area in the future,” said Mike White, Grimes Trucking’s director of fleet operations.
White said many of the company’s drivers live closer to the Atlanta terminal, so the expansion is an opportunity to make home time easier and more convenient for them.
The company is growing in other areas, as well. It recently added three new tri-axle chassis and is expanding it’s heavy haul/overweight capabilities out of it’s Jacksonville, Charleston and Savannah locations.
- Founded in 1974
- Southeast carrier
- Fleet size: 75+ trucks, expected to grow to 100+ by the end of the year
- Terminals in Jacksonville, Florida and Atlanta, Georgia
- Named one of Business Journal’s 50 Fastest Growing Private Sector Companis In Northeast Florida
- Reefer, overweight, container and dedicated driving opportunities
- Local company drivers earn $17.50/hour
- Regional OTR drivers are paid by the mile with an average gross of $1,000/week
- Owner operators are eligible for a $15,000 pay out in 6 weeks of work guarantee, if they aren’t compensated for that amount or more in that same time frame
- 24/7 live dispatch
- Qualcomm Omnitracs e-logs in every company and contracted truck
- Dental/vision/life insurances available after 90 days
- Company paid short-term disability
- 401(k) retirement plan
- 24/7 mobile access to medical care from a licensed medical professional via MDLive app
- Company diesel cards with fuel discounts at all Flying J and Pilot locations
- Owner operators are eligible for a free weekend getaway vacation at their one year anniversary
General Employment Requirements:
- Valid CDL Class A truck driver’s license
- 25 years of age or older
- Two years of tractor trailer/trucking experience
- No more than six points on driver’s license
- Company drivers must have a TWIC badge or HAZMAT certification