One woman trucker is $10,000 richer following last week’s major truck show in Minnesota.
Theresa S. DeSantis of Apache Junction, Arizona captured Best of Show honors with “The Witches Inn”, her 1985 Peterbilt 359 EXHD with a 2016 East trailer, at the 37th Annual Shell Rotella SuperRigs competition held July 25-27 at Trail’s Travel Center in Albert Lea, Minnesota. She was awarded $10,000 from Shell Rotella, 50,000 My Miles Matter Reward Points, and a spot in the 2020 Shell Rotella SuperRigs Calendar. DeSantis also won Best Theme and Best Engine.
J.R. Schleuger from Britt, Iowa won Best of Show first runner-up, $4,000 from Shell Rotella for his 1980 Kenworth W900A. Ryan Mahens of Ellenwood, Ga. was awarded Best of Show second runner-up for his 2006 International 9900.
First place winners also included:
- Jonathan Eilen from Hampton, Minnesota in the Tractor/Trailer Division for his 2007 Peterbilt 379 and 2017 MAC dump.
- Kaleb Hammett of Dodd City, Texas. in the Tractor Division with a 2017 Peterbilt 389
- Tod Job from Everest, Kansas won in the Classic Division with his 1996 Peterbilt 379.
- The Most Hard-Working Trucker award was presented to David Gramberg of New Richmond, Wisconsin for his 2019 Kenworth W900
- Todd Brenny of Saint Joseph, Minnesota won the People’s Choice Award for his 1977 Peterbilt 352. The winner is selected by competitors and attendees.
All winners also received a case of Shell Rotella T4 15W-40 heavy-duty diesel engine oil and MyMilesMatter reward points.