This has been a nasty winter for many parts of the country, which means it has been especially bad for over-the-road truckers staying in their trucks at the end of the driving day. It can get tricky trying to stay warm and comfortable when stopped for the night.
However, a reliable and inexpensive solution is at hand in a 12-volt electric blanket. It plugs into your 12-volt port (cigarette lighter), and can keep you comfortable all night. A blanket like this is also helpful just draped over the back of your seat to help keep you warm as you drive.
RoadPro’s 12-volt blanket:
- is made of 100% Polar Fleece material
- has an 8-foot-long power cord
- includes LED indicator on the plug
- folds for storage in the zippered bag that is included
- draws 4.6 amp low draw (55 watts)
- is 58″ x 42.5″
This blanket is available online for under $30 and at truck stops and travel centers.