Truck fans know that nothing adds presence to a pickup like basic black. And Chevrolet is taking black to the next level with the Silverado Midnight special edition upgrade package that starts at $1,595.
Chevy’s Midnight special edition makes its public debut Feb. 14 at the Chicago Auto Show.
Beginning with a black Silverado Z71, the Midnight special edition adds:
- An all-black front end with body-colored grille, bumper, headlamp bezels, tow hooks and fog lamps;
- Black side moldings and beltline moldings;
- 18-inch black painted alloy wheels with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac all-terrain tires;
- Special Z71 badges on the doors;
- A spray-in bedliner (black, of course);
- And the finishing touches – black Chevrolet bowties front and rear.
Like all 2015 Silverado 1500 Z71s, Midnight special editions include off-road suspension, a locking rear differential, Hill Descent Control and a trailering package. Midnight special editions also include rear park assist and heated, power-adjusted outside rear-view mirrors.
Chevrolet will offer the Silverado Midnight special edition in either 1500 double-cab or crew-cab models. Up to 5,000 Midnight special editions will be produced for the 2015 model year. Dealers can order the trucks starting in February 2015.
Package prices add $1,595 to $1,995 to the Z71, depending on the model.
Vintage Creedence Clearwater Revival at Royal Albert Hall in 1970