You have some pretty slick technology in the truck you drive every day, and now you can have it in your personal pickup or the family grocery-getter.
OverDryve™ is a dashboard tablet that provides a combination of entertainment, information, navigation, and safety features for $399.
It’s expected to be available in stores later this spring, according to the company.
The tablet provides:
- A voice-controlled “smart” assistant
- Hands-free calling and texting
- Music from drivers’ sources
- Audible news, weather, traffic and sports
- Forward collision warnings
- Dash camera and available high-resolution wireless backup camera
- Customizable gauge clusters and vehicle information
- Available tire pressure monitoring
- Trip planning and navigation
- FM radio
- Wired and wireless connectivity to in-dash radios
- Available roadside assistance and accident notification
Some OverDryve™ features are disabled while the device is on the mount and in driver mode. Off the mount – for passengers in the car or after the drive – OverDryve™ can be used to watch movies, access social media and check email.