Not every phone conversation you have while on the road can be made from the privacy and quiet of your truck when it’s stopped and the windows closed.
A new headset by Plantronics makes that irrelevant. The Voyager 5200 and Voyager 5200 UC Bluetooth devices feature WindSmart technology, which ensures wind and noise reduction. Here’s how:
According to the company, Plantronics’ WindSmart technology provides wind and noise reduction by incorporating six layers of technology to combat the entire noise ecosystem. The aerodynamic design of the boom on the Voyager 5200 lets wind slide past without creating turbulence. The boom’s windscreen acts as the first layer of protection for the mics, and then each mic is further sheltered in a ‘wind box’. Four omni-directional mics and a proprietary wind-cancelling algorithm keeps the mics focused on the wearer’s voice and removes disruptive noise.
But, sound quality is not enough, especially for a truck driver who has to use, wear and rely on a headset for many hours a day every day.
The Voyager 5200 is designed for stability and comfort on a wide range of ear shapes and sizes. And, it provides up to seven hours of talk time and up to nine days in standby mode. The multi-purpose charging case serves as a handy, grab-and-go dock for recharging the headset. The case also provides up to 14 hours of talk time on the go.
The Voyager 5200 UC’s USB Bluetooth adapter, provides multi-device connectivity and communication from computers, tablets, video appliances and mobile phones easy and seamless whether you are in or out of the office.
“Today’s mobile professionals face the unique challenge of staying connected while still communicating clearly and confidently from extremely challenging call environments, including crowds, traffic, coffee shops, and one of the most notorious of difficult call scenarios, a windy day,” said Jan Caldarella, senior category director of consumer solutions with Plantronics. “Offering an all-new approach to eliminating wind and background noise, Voyager 5200 lets you confidently focus on what you’re saying rather than where you are, while delivering the comfort, intelligence, multi-device connectivity, and ease-of-use that are the hallmarks of our Voyager line of professional communication headsets.”
Additional Voyager 5200 and Voyager 5200 UC technologies and benefits include:
- Easy-access, multi-function button lets you mute a call with a single touch, and allows for quick access to Siri and other smartphone virtual personal assistants when the headset is idle.
- Extended Class 1 Bluetooth range lets you control up to two connected smartphones or tablets from up to 98 feet away.
- Responsive smart sensor technology routes call audio to your phone or headset, pauses media or rejects an incoming call when removed, and automatically answers calls as you place the headset on your ear.
- Spill, splash, and sweat-proof coating allows you continue through a light rain, and an untimely spill won’t mean the end of your calls for the day.
- Voice commands and audio alerts let you use your voice to answer or ignore calls, and whispered alerts give you the name of incoming callers, update you on battery level, connection status, and more. Activate voice control for smartphone assistants such as Siri with a touch of a button, so you can tap into the power of your phone while working hands-free.
- Take charge of your headset with the Plantronics Hub smartphone app for iOS and Android. It allows you to manage, customize and control the Voyager 5200 headset from your phone, adjust settings, activate Find MyHeadset to locate a misplaced headset.
MSRP for Voyager 5200 is $119.99 and the accompanying charging case is available for $39.99.
The Voyager 5200 UC with charging case and BT600 Bluetooth adapter has an MSRP of $219.99.