Garmin’s dēzl 580 LMT-S is loaded with features to make your driving day as stress-free as possible. It can be paired with Garmin’s ELD, which is sold separately, saving even more time and trouble.
The 580 LMT-S’ bright 5-inch screen displays a variety of features that address the growing demands made of the professional driver. This GPS begins helping with its trip planning capabilities and keeps drivers on track as their trips unfold.
Especially noteworthy about the 580 LMT-S is its ability to sync with your smartphone for hands-free calling using the GPS the unit’s microphone and speakers. When paired with your phone, text messages and other alerts also show up on the 580 LMT-S’ video screen.
The dēzl 580 LMT-S’ other features include:
- Voice-activated, hands-free navigation allows you to speak to the dēzl 580 LMT-S GPS Navigator and it responds, while your hands remain on the wheel
- A trip planner that lets you create multiple-stop routes
- Break planning with notifications for parking as well as nearby food, fuel, and rest areas
- The dēzl 580 LMT-S has Active Lane Guidance that uses voice prompts and brightly colored arrows to indicate the proper lane needed for your route
- Spoken Garmin Real Directions uses recognizable landmarks, buildings, and traffic lights, rather than hard-to-see or nonexistent street signs
- Detailed maps for North America that include truck-related restrictions – like bridge heights, dangerous curves, weight limits and related information for most major roads and highways. You create a vehicle profile and then get routes suitable for the particular size and weight of your truck
- The ability to locate services drivers need: truck stops, weigh stations, parking, lodging, Wi-Fi service.
- Lets you search and filter truck stops by brand name or your preferred amenities, such as showers, scales, Wi-Fi and truck wash
- A truck and trailer services directory that lists more than 30,000 repair and service locations in the U.S. and Canada
The Garmin dēzl 580 LMT-S is available online and at travel centers for about $300.