Getting from point "A" to point "B" is the focus of every trucker's driving time. Doing that is not always as easy as it sounds. Between those two points can be any number of holdups caused by excess traffic, bad weather, highway construction, and difficult-to-navigate streets.
Garmin's dēzl OTR610, OTR710, OTR810, and OTR1010 truck navigators include a variety of features that ought to help alleviate most of those complications.
This series of navigation devices include custom routing and road warnings based on the size and weight of your rig, strategic suggestions for fueling and breaks, and arrival planning. BirdsEye Satellite Imagery provides high-resolution aerial views of loading docks, truck entrances, and security gates.
These navigators feature larger, high-resolution touch screens including 6, 7, 8 or10-inch touch screen displays. The 8-inch and 10-inch displays also offer a new split map view showing previews of a remaining route and impending weather conditions with the option to also mount the devices in landscape or portrait mode to see even more details of the route ahead.
The dēzl OTR series brings several navigation features to improve life on the road for professional drivers. These include:
- The trucks and trailer services feature provides a convenient directory to filter truck stops by preferred brand or amenity
- Truck plaza loyalty points and rewards from popular travel plazas across can be viewed on the devices by pairing a dēzl OTR navigator with the dēzl smart device app
- PrePass notifications of U.S. weigh station and bypass decisions to help save time and improve efficiency
- Real-time services can be used to obtain live traffic, weather and smart notifications when paired with the dēzl app on your compatible smartphone
- Includes map updates of North America with coverage of the U.S., Mexico, Canada, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Bahamas
- Compatible with BC 50 backup cameras, dēzl trucking headset, and the dēzl edition smartwatch
Available at travel centers and online, the dēzl OTR610/710/810/1010 trucking series have suggested retail prices ranging from $349.99 to $899.99.