Here’s what you need to know if you’re going to the I80 Truck Stop’s Trucker Jamboree in Walcott, Iowa on opening day, Thursday, July 9.
1. Admission and parking are free. There are shuttles from the parking area to the event.
2. Gates open at 10 a.m. That’s when judging for the Super Truck Beauty Contest and antique truck display begin.
3. Iowa Pork Chop Cookout begins at 11 a.m. and goes to 8:30 p.m.
4. Trucker Olympics begin at 12:30 p.m. near the main stage.
5. North of 40 on main stage at 5:30 p.m.
6. Natalie Stovall & The Drive sponsored by CAT Scales on the main stage at 7 p.m.
7. Super Truck beauty Contest Lights at Night begins at 9 p.m./dusk.
8. Fireworks light up the sky over Walcott at dusk.
9. Wear your walking shoes; there are some 175 vendors to visit as well as games and other activities.
10. Stop by the Truckers News booth (67 & 68).
Natalie Stovall & The Drive
North of 40