No two ways about it, life for most American truck drivers can often be measured out it the distance between truck stops.
These highway oases can mean just a place to quickly refuel — both truck and body — for some drivers. For others, they are homes away from homes that provide parking, a hot meal, a shower, someplace to do their laundry, maybe see a movie and recharge a smartphone and their spirit.
Trucker Path, an app that provides drivers with loads of information essential to life on the road, also offers a way to rate truck stops.
The app’s website includes insights into what truck drivers most appreciate about truck stops across the country. Here’s what Trucker Path says drivers find the most appealing:
- Good diesel prices
- Plenty of truck parking
- Overall cleanliness
- Nice bathrooms, showers, and laundry facilities.
- Plenty of restaurant options, especially those that include healthy choices
- Free wi-fi
Reviews by drivers on Trucker Path helped identify the top truck stops in the country. Three were give a perfect 5 out of possible 5 rating points. They include:
- Busy Bee on U.S. Highway 129 North in Live Oak, Florida
- Tullo Truck Stop on Lincoln Highway in Kearny, New Jersey
- Travel Express on East Highway 116 in Lathrop, Missouri
Nine more received ratings of 4.9 out of a possible 5. These include:
- Pilot Travel Center on Avenue F North West in Childress, Texas
- Love’s on Highway 31 North in Lenoir City, Tennessee
- Pilot Fuel Stop on South 200 East in Roosevelt, Utah
- Newborn Truck Stop on Georgia 100 in Tallapoosa, Georgia
- Gateway TP – Exxon on US Highway 59 South in Carthage, Texas
- Lisa’s Truck Center on Central Avenue in Moriarty, New Mexico
Mobil on Moasis Drive in Little Chute, Wisconsin
- Kewanee One stop on US 11 11 and 80 in Toomsuba, Mississippi
- Loves’ on 22 Road I-70 in Grand Junction Colorado
Trucker Path created a list of the top 100 truck stops. How many have you visited?
Use the comments section below to tell us about your favorite truck stop.