Ten drivers who have made successful transition from the military to the trucking industry have an opportunity to win a new, fully-loaded Kenworth T680.
The finalists (their branches of service and employers) in the “Transition Trucking: Driving for Excellence” campaign include:
- Mary and Larry Berman (Mary, Army National Guard and Reserves; Larry, Coast Guard and Army). Carrier: U.S. Xpress
- Phillip Cooper (Navy). Carrier: Melton Truck Lines
- Sean Harding (Army). Carrier: Stevens Transport
- Christopher King (Air Force). Carrier: TMC Transportation
- Britney Motes (Army). Carrier: Werner Enterprises
- James Rogers (Army). Carrier: Prime, Inc.
- Wayne Roy (Marine Corps). Carrier: U.S. Xpress
- Daniel Shonebarger (Navy). Carrier: Melton Truck Lines
- Gregg Softy (Army). Carrier: Stevens Transport
- Robert West (Air Force). Carrier: Werner Enterprises
The Top 10 Finalists will be recognized at the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas Aug. 25. The previous evening, the drivers will also be recognized at the President George W. Bush Library during a tour and reception.
The winner will be announced Dec. 15 in Washington, D.C.
“Each of these candidates is an incredible ambassador to display what military talent brings to the trucking industry,” said FASTPORT President Brad Bentley. “We’re proud to say that all five United States military branches are represented in this diverse and qualified group, which is simply another proof point that the military, regardless of military occupation or branch, provides a unique and significant foundation for a professional truck driving career.”