Central Oregon Truck Company, 2018 Best Fleets to Drive For Small Carrier category winner, will deliver the U.S. Capitol Christmas tree this year.
On Friday, Nov. 2, the tree will be cut and prepared for the more than 3,000-mile journey that commemorates the 175th anniversary of the Oregon Trail — by following a reverse path of the trail. The tour will also celebrate the 50th anniversary of the National Trails Systems Act.
The Willamette National Forest, in partnership with Choose Outdoors and Travel Oregon, will bring the tree to more than 25 communities this holiday season.
For the sixth year, the Truckload Carriers Association will be playing a key role in the delivery of the tree.
A series of festive events will be hosted by local communities at museums, main streets, city halls, state capitols, markets, retailers, high schools, and even a parade.
In November, TCA member companies Meritor, Inc. and MHC Kenworth, as well as Doran Logistics Services, will be hosting a whistlestop Nov. 20 and 23 in their respective cities. Attendees of these events will have the opportunity to sign the trailer banner, learn about the Willamette National Forest and Oregon, and purchase U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree merchandise.
Stops on the tour include:
- Friday, Nov. 9: Sweet Home High School, 1641 Long St., Sweet Home, Oregon 97386 (noon street fair, 6 p.m. parade and 7:30 p.m. program)
- Saturday, Nov. 10: Linn County Circuit Court, 300 SW Fourth Ave., Albany, Oregon 97321 (9 a.m.–3 p.m.)
- Saturday, Nov. 10: Cabela’s, 2800 Gateway St., Springfield, Oregon 97477 (4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
- Sunday, Nov. 11: McKenzie River Ranger Station, 57600 McKenzie Highway 126, McKenzie Bridge, Oregon 97413 (10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
- Sunday, Nov. 11: 48257 E. 1st, Oakridge, Oregon 97463 (2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Monday, Nov. 12: 450 SW Powerhouse Drive, Ste 422, Bend, Oregon 97702 (11:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.)
- Monday, Nov. 12: 160 Detroit Ave., Detroit, Oregon 97342 (5 p.m.– 7 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Nov. 13: Oregon State Capitol, 900 Court St NE, Salem, Oregon 97301 (10 a.m.–noon)
- Tuesday, Nov. 13: Oregon City, Oregon
- Wednesday, Nov. 14: The Dalles City Hall, 313 Court St., The Dalles, Oregon 97058 (9 a.m. – 10 a.m.)
- Wednesday, Nov. 14: Baker City, Oregon
- Friday, Nov. 16: City Hall, 911 North 7th Ave., Pocatello, Idaho 83201 (9 a.m. — 10 a.m.)
- Saturday, Nov. 17: Ft. Bridger State Historic Site, 37001 Isthmus Loop I-80 Fort Bridger, Wyoming 82933 (9 a.m. – 10 a.m.)
- Sunday, Nov. 18: 975 Snowy Range Rd., Laramie, Wyoming 82070 (9 a.m. – 10 a.m.)
- Sunday, Nov. 18: Scottsbluff, Nebraska including parade route from 23rd St. to 17th Street on Broadway and ceremony on the 1700 block of Broadway (6 p.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Monday, Nov. 19: Otoe County Courthouse, 110 South 11th, Nebraska City, Nebraska 68410 (6:00 – 7:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, November 20: Perry High School, 404 Lecompton Rd., Perry, Kansas 66073 (12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, November 20: MHC Kenworth, 1524 N. Corrington, Kansas City, Missouri 64120 (4 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Nov. 21: Independence Uptown Market, 201 W. Truman Rd., Independence, Missouri 64050 (9 a.m. – 10 a.m.)
- Thursday, Nov. 22: 2018 Thanksgiving Day Parade, 7th Street and Market Street, St. Louis (8 a.m. – noon)
- Friday, Nov. 23: The Harrison Pavilion, 101 Harrison Ave., Harrison, Ohio 45030 (2 p.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Sunday, Nov. 25: Andrews Air Force Base, 1500 Perimeter Rd. Joint Base Andrews, Maryland (11 a.m. – 4 p.m.).
The times and locations of stops are subject to change.
The official tree lighting will occur in early December.
In addition to Central Oregon Truck Company, Doran Logistics Services, Meritor, Inc., and Kenworth Truck Company, numerous TCA member companies are part of the tree’s delivery. They include Eaton Corporation, Great West Casualty Company, Pilot Flying J, and SkyBitz.
Other sponsors and volunteers include Papé, KGW8, Oregon Forest Resources Institute, Hale Trailer, VanDoIt, Alaska Airlines, Husqvarna, Willamette Valley Visitors Association, Axis Crane, the National Forest Foundation, and the City of Sweet Home.
For tour information, event details, news, and updates, and to track the tree cross-country, visitwww.capitolchristmastree.com or search the hashtag #CapitolChristmasTree on social media networks.