Ten drivers and a trainer have been recognized by Utah carrier C.R. England. They were selected from the more than 6,500 drivers in the carrier’s dedicated, national, regional, and intermodal divisions.
C.R. England’s drivers of the year include:
- Jody Asbury has been driving with C.R. England for six years and serves as a driver trainer in the National Division fleet X7. She resides in Garden Grove, California.
- Scott Braden is a national driver in Fleet A2 and has been with C.R. England for five years, serving as a trainer for the last four years. He is a U.S. Navy veteran and resides in Bellflower, California.
- Amanda Bannister is on Fleet B6 in the National Division and is also a Road Team Captain. She has been driving for C.R. England for five years and resides in Kansas City, Missouri
- Gary Hoffman has been driving for C.R. England for nine years and is on Regional Fleet R6. He lives just outside of Sacramento in Woodland, California.
- Angus McNutt started with C.R. England in 1993, but his current tenure is eight years, driving in the Intermodal fleet I8. He is from Franklin, Massachusetts and is a veteran of the U.S. Army.
- Edgar Corrales is in the Intermodal division in Fleet IE. He’s been driving for C.R. England for nine years, is from New York City and lives in New Jersey.
- Joshua Caldwell has been with C.R. England for three years and is on Dedicated Fleet KZ. He resides in Fayetteville, North Carolina and is a Navy veteran.
- Gary Goggans has been with C.R. England for two years and is part of the John Morrell Texas Dedicated fleet. He lives in Decatur, Texas.
- Davene Bryant has been driving for C.R. England almost five years and is part of the 99 Ranch Dedicated account. She lives in Turlock, California
- Larry Chavez drives in fleet MK for the JC Penney account and has been a C.R. England driver a little over three years. He was born in Mexico, immigrated to the United States and makes his home in Grand Junction, Colorado.
Trainer of the Year
- Tony Stroup has been a trainer for C.R. England for two years. He is an Army veteran and lives in Hayes, Kansas.
“We are honored to recognize 11 of our top professional drivers in the C. R. England fleet,” said C.R. England CEO Chad England. “Each of these drivers has shown by their example what it requires to be successful in our industry, including a commitment to on-time performance, professionalism, and safety. These drivers are a great asset to our company and are truly the best of the best, representing the thousands of dedicated C.R. England drivers who are also committed to the same values.”
In order to be considered for these awards, drivers must meet the following requirements:
- minimum tenure with C.R. England of 12 months.
- demonstrate competency in safety, service, fuel efficiency, and production.
- no accidents
- no traffic citations
- no CSA violations