On Tuesday night, one fortunate company driver will be $25,000 richer. So will one owner-operator.
Those drivers will have been named the 2019’s Drivers of the Year at the Truckload Carriers Association’s annual convention. The awards ceremony caps the three-day gathering going on now at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Kissimmee, Florida.
The three finalists for the 2019 Company Driver of the Year Award presented by TCA and Truckers News are:
- Robie Jensen of Fremont, Nebraska, who drives for Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. also of Fremont, Nebraska
- Randy Kuryk of Winnipeg, Manitoba, who drives for Bison Transport also of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Don Lewis of Republic, Missouri, who drives for Wilson Logistics of Springfield, Missouri
The three finalists for the 2019 Owner-Operator of the Year Award presented by TCA and Overdrive are:
- Jesse Dennis of Springfield, Missouri who is leased to Prime Inc. also of Springfield, Missouri
- Kevin Kocmich of Litchfield, Minnesota, who is leased to Diamond Transportation System, Inc. of Racine, Wisconsin
- Robert and Tracy Roth of Coldwater, Ontario, who are leased to Erb International of New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada
Both contests are sponsored by Love’s Travel Centers and Cummins, Inc.
Runners up each receive $2,500.
“These contests continue to bring forth the best of the best in our industry year after year,” said TCA President John Lyboldt. “From being a mentor behind the wheel, to being a leader in their community, these drivers are so deserving of this recognition. I look forward to seeing which driver takes home the grand prize at Truckload 2020.”
“Randall-Reilly and its Overdrive and Truckers News brands are proud to honor these drivers who represent the finest men and women in the truckload industry,” said Randall-Reilly’s Director of Trucking Sales Emily Larson. “Our nation’s highly-skilled professional drivers don’t get enough credit, so we’re happy to partner with TCA and our sponsors on this program.”