J.B. Hunt‘s, located in Lowell, Arkansas, program to recruit veterans program recently started a series of events to connect members of the military with driving opportunities at the company. The Hunt’s Heroes event got under way earlier this month and runs through October.
“J.B. Hunt is committed to offering veterans and transitioning service members a fulfilling career path within the transportation industry,” said Craig Harper, J.B. Hunt’s chief operations officer.
In 2014, J.B. Hunt made a pledge to hire 10,000 military veterans by 2020. According to Harper, almost one if five J.B. Hunt employees are military veterans.
The 2016 Hunt’s Heroes event schedule:
- April 27: Camp Pendleton Transportation Industry Forum at Camp Pendleton, California
- April 27-28: Fort Bragg Transition Summit in Fort Bragg, North Carolina
- May 10-11: Fort Leonard Wood Transition Summit in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
- May 17: Fort Hood Soldier for Life – Transition Assistance Program Mega Event in Fort Hood, Texas
- July 15: American Legion Job Fair in Springfield, Illinois
- Sept. 7-8: Quantico Transition Summit in Quantico, Virginia
- Sept. 13-14: Fort Carson Transition Summit in Fort Carson, Colorado
- Sept. 14-15: Fort Campbell Fall Career Fair in Fort Campbell, Kentucky
- Oct. 4-6: Joint Base Lewis-McChord Transition Summit at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington