If you have extended down time in an unfamiliar city, go for a walk. This allows you to not only see part of the city, but gives you the chance to get moving, too.
The American Heart Association says research has shown that walking and moderate physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day can help:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well being
- Reduce the risk of non-insulin dependent (type 2) diabetes.