Pre-registration for the St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund’s new smoking cessation program, “Rigs Without Cigs,” starts today, Aug. 1 online.
The campaign kicks off at the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas, Aug. 24-26. During the program, folks from the St. Christopher Fund will help drivers identify and overcome their tobacco triggers. They will learn how nicotine addiction works and participate in quarterly conference calls with a certified doctor for accountability and support.
The program will run from Sept. 1 to Aug. 31, 2018. Drivers may join the year-long program or join at the beginning of each quarter.
Prizes, donated by RoadPro, will be given away at the end of each quarter. Drivers who participate in the year-long event will be eligible for the grand prize drawing once the campaign concludes.
The “Rigs Without Cigs” rules and regulations, from the St. Christopher Fund:
- All semi-truck drivers and others in the trucking industry can participate in the program.
- Certain criteria must be met to be eligible to win a completion, monthly or grand prize.
- All participants are strongly encouraged to have a medical consultation before beginning the program.
- All prize-eligible participants must have an active CDL.
- All prize-eligible participants must be a resident of the United States.
- Monthly statistics are mandatory to be eligible for a prize.
- Board members of St. Christopher Truckers Fund are encouraged to participate but are not eligible to win prizes.
- Friends and family are encouraged to participate but will not be required to track progress and are not eligible for prizes.