Truck drivers don’t always get the appreciation they deserve, but they can count on a little extra gratitude in September during National Truck Driver Appreciation Week.
National Truck Driver Appreciation Week, Sept. 11-17, honors America’s 3.5 million truck drivers. Trucking companies and others will recognize truckers with events, discounts and more.
“People in the industry have tremendous respect for truck drivers and NTDAW gives us a chance to demonstrate that support while also expanding our message to people outside the industry who might not understand the high-level of commitment that these men and women have for their careers,” said ATA First Vice Chairman Kevin Burch.
Events on the calendar for September:
- Sept. 9-10: Big Iron Classic in Kasson, Minnesota
- Sept. 10: East Coast Large Car Truck Show in Augusta, New Jersey
- Sept. 11-17: National Truck Driver Appreciation Week 2016
- Sept. 15-18: National Association of Show Trucks Richard Crane Memorial Truck Show in St. Ignace, Michigan
- Sept. 16-17: ChampTrucks World Series NOLA Motorsports Park in Avondale, Louisiana
- Sept. 16-18: 12th Annual American Truck Historical Society San Juan Mountain Chapter Antique and Class Truck Show in Aztec, New Mexico
- Sept. 16-18: American Truck Historical Society Ohio Chapter Annual Truck Show in Wellington, Ohio
- Sept. 17: US Diesel Truckin’ Nationals in Englishtown, New Jersey
- Sept. 18: American Truck Historical Society Auburn Heritage Chapter and Flat Rock Creek Fall Festival Truck Show in Paulding, Ohio
- Sept. 20: Wreaths Across America Arlington Gala (Truckload Carriers Association)
- Sept. 23-24: 4 State Trucks Guilty by Association Truck Show & Customer Expo in Joplin, Missouri
- Sept. 24-25: American Truck Historical Society Hudson Mohawk Chapter 27th Annual Antique Truck Show in Ballston Spa, New York