HELP Inc., the non-profit provider of PrePass, is deploying its truck pre-clearance and weigh station bypass technology at 10 new locations on five interstates throughout North Carolina.
The following locations will be able to process PrePass qualified trucks approximately within the next 60 days:
- I-95 northbound near Lumberton
- I-95 southbound in Halifax County
- I-85 northbound in Gaston County
- I-85 southbound near Charlotte
- I-77 southbound near Mount Airy
- I-77 northbound near Mount Airy
- I-40 eastbound near Asheville
- I-26 westbound near Hendersonville
- I-40 eastbound near Statesville
- I-40 westbound near Statesville
Since North Carolina’s two PrePass sites opened in late 2015, carriers in the state have logged 465,476 successful weigh station bypasses as of April 30. This translates to 38,790 hours and 186,190 gallons of fuel saved, translating to $4,040,332 in operational cost savings, according to the company.