Eighteen carriers have been recognized by a trucking industry organization for their commitment to safety.
The Truckload Carriers Association has chosen the companies as division winners in its 44th Annual Fleet Safety Awards competition. Sponsored by Great West Casualty Company, the awards honor trucking companies that have “demonstrated an unparalleled commitment to safety,” according to a statement from the association. The top three winning companies in each of six mileage-based divisions had the lowest accident frequency ratios per million miles, annually.
The division winners are now invited to compete for one of two grand prizes – one for carriers with a total annual mileage less than 25 million miles, and the other for carriers with mileage greater than 25 million miles.
Grand prize winners will be announced at TCA’s 2020 Annual Convention, March 1-3 at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Kissimmee, Florida. All winners will also receive recognition at TCA’s 2020 Safety & Security Division Meeting, June 7-9 in Louisville, Kentucky.
The 2019 Fleet Safety Awards winners include:
Division I Winners (less than 5 million miles)
- 1st Place Carbon Express, Inc. Wharton, New Jersey
- 2nd Place Kool Pak LLC Lake Oswego, Oregon
- 3rd Place Valmont Industries, Inc. Valley, Nebraska
Division III Winners (15-24.99 million miles)
- 1st Place Kottke Trucking, Inc. Buffalo Lake, Minnesota
- 2nd Place Erb International Inc. New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada
- 3rd Place Veriha Trucking Marinette, Wisconsin
Division V Winners (50-99.99 million miles)
- 1st Place Groupe Robert, Inc. Rougemont, Quebec, Canada
- 2nd Place May Trucking Company Salem, Oregon
- 3rd Place Wilson Logistics, Inc. Springfield, Missouri
Division II Winners (5-14.99 million miles)
- 1st Place FirstExpress, Inc. Nashville, Tennessee
- 2nd Place Transpro Freight Systems Ltd. Milton, Ontario, Canada
- 3rd Place Convoy Systems, LLC Kansas City, Kansas
Division IV Winners (25-49.99 million miles)
- 1st Place Trans-West Logistics Inc. Lachine, Quebec, Canada
- 2nd Place Central Oregon Truck Company Redmond, Oregon
- 3rd Place H.O. Wolding, Inc. Amherst, Wisconsin
Division VI Winners (100 million or more miles)
- 1st Place Bison Transport, Inc. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- 2nd Place CFI Joplin, Missouri
- 3rd Place Landstar Inway, Inc. Jacksonville, Florida
“For yet another year, TCA is honored to present the Fleet Safety Awards to our members who continually prioritize safety in their operations,” said TCA President John Lyboldt. “These awards showcase the best of our industry and set these carriers apart as truly maintaining the gold standard when it comes to protecting their drivers, their loads, their equipment, and the greater motoring public.”