The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance has scheduled its various enforcement efforts for 2023.
Those programs and their dates include:
- Human Trafficking Awareness Initiative is scheduled for Jan. 9 — 13 in the U.S. and Feb. 20 — 24, 2023 in Canada. This program seeks to reduce human trafficking in North America through coordinated enforcement and educational measures within the trucking industry.
- International Roadcheck is scheduled for May 16 — 18. Roadcheck is the largest targeted enforcement program on commercial motor vehicles in the world.
- Operation Safe Driver Week is scheduled for July 9 — 15.. During Operation Safe Driver Week, law enforcement personnel look for commercial motor vehicle drivers and passenger vehicle drivers engaging in risky driving behaviors such as speeding.
- Brake Safety Week is scheduled for Au. 20 — 26. During Brake Safety Week, commercial motor vehicle inspectors conduct brake system inspections (primarily Level IV Inspections) on large trucks and buses throughout North America to identify brake-system violations.
- Unannounced one-day brake safety enforcement initiative — This can be held at any time during the year and also involves inspectors checking brakes to identify brake violations.
RELATED NEWS: 7,912 trucks and 2,051 drivers placed out of service in U.S. during 3-day Roadcheck