Houston-based Waste Management was recently recognized as a 2018 Best Companies for Millennials by the Women’s Choice Award.
“We are very honored to be recognized by the Women’s Choice Award,” said Jim Fish, president and chief executive officer of Waste Management. “I am truly proud of the hard-working women who help us serve our customers and thrive as a company.”
The Women’s Choice Award for Best Companies to Work For is the only award that reflects the needs and preferences of women based on publicly available data, which aligns with employee and consumer appreciation for corporate transparency.
Selection is based on, but not limited to:
- Female representation at the workforce, management and board level
- Work-life balance benefits
- Paid Time off/ Vacation days
- Professional development and support opportunities
- Wellness benefits
- Companies also earn bonus points for being listed on the Fortune Best Places to Work, Working Mother Best Companies and/or Ethisphere Most Ethical Companies.
Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services.
As the leading advocate for female consumers, WomenCertified Inc., home of the Women’s Choice Award, created the first national award based on the ratings and preferences of women.