GATS for 2019 includes:
- more than 500 industry exhibitors
- numerous free health screenings
- Overdrive’s Pride & Polish truck show
- opportunities to meet with fleet recruiters in the Recruiting Pavillion
- announcement of the Trucking’s Top Rookie award winner presented by Truckers News
- the finals of the Overdrive-Red Eye Radio Trucker Talent Search competition
- a display of rat rod trucks and miniature trucks
- numerous seminars and stage presentations, including Overdrive‘s Partners in Business programs
One of the true highlights of GATS is the Landstar Health and Wellness Pavilion, which provides drivers with numerous health assessments, services, and products. The health pavilion includes diabetes education, eye tests, medical consultations, nutrition evaluations and a mammogram bus with financial assistance for those without health insurance. CDL holders in attendance can receive discounted DOT physicals and get their licenses renewed on the floor.
As in years past, drivers attending GATS in their trucks can park at the TA|Petro Truck Parking Community, which is located at 3013 S. Haskell Ave. The community features nightly entertainment, free shuttles to and from the convention center, food by Flaming Grill Barbecue Food Truck, shower trailers and truck maintenance by TA|Petro, and pet grooming service and booster shots by All Paws and Claws. Auctions will benefit the St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund, presented by Life from the Passenger’s Seat.