The Northwest Automotive Press Association (NWAPA) named the 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk as its 2015 Northwest Outdoor Activity Vehicle of the Year.
The 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk combined the perfect blend of performance, features, off-road capabilities, fuel economy and value after two days of rigorous testing during NWAPA’s annual Mudfest competition. This is the event’s 21st year.
On-road testing took place at Sanderson Field in Shelton, Wash. Off-road testing was done at the Tahuya Offroad Area near Tahuya, Wash.
Crossover and sport utility vehicles competed in five different categories: compact, premium compact, family, premium mid-size and full-size, and extreme capability.
For the first time in Mudfest history, a pickup category was also included. The attending journalists selected from among these category winners to determine an overall winner.
It was a grueling competition with excellent vehicles from all manufacturers in each category, but the vehicles below were a cut above the rest:
- Best Premium Compact Utility Vehicle: Land Rover’s Discovery Sport
- Best Compact: 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 4×4
- Best Premium Compact: Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE
- Best Family: 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4×4
- Best Premium: 2015 Acura MDX AWD
- Best Extreme Capability: 2015 RAM 2500 Power Wagon Crew Cab 4×4
- Best Pickup: 2015 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Crew Cab 4×4 EcoDiesel
- Best Overall: 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 4×4