Peterbilt Thursday unveiled its new UltraLoft 80-inch sleeper configuration for its Model 579 tractor.
The UltraLoft, which offers an integral cab and sleeper design to improve driver comfort, is available for order; production is expected to begin in July.
The UltraLoft interior offers:
- single- and dual-bunk configurations
- 70 cubic feet of storage space standard
- an additional 14 cubic feet of shelving on the single-bunk configuration
- lockable storage bins above the driver and passenger doors that have enough space to accommodate two CPAP machines
- a wardrobe closet that comes standard with a 42-inch hanging height
- an available 1.1-cubic foot microwave option
- room for a 32-inch flat-screen TV on the foot wall of the lower bunk
- a lower bunk mattress that measures 85 inches by 42 inches
- an upper bunk – capable of supporting 400 pounds – that is 82 inches by 36 inches
The UltraLoft provides an estimated 2 percent aerodynamic improvement, according to the company.