It has been almost 30 years since Jeep fans had a pickup truck to lust for. That ended earlier this week at the LA Auto show when the venerable brand rolled out the 2020 Gladiator.
Our colleague at Hard Working Trucks Tom Quimby was at the show and got all the details. The equipment highlights include:
- 3.6-liter V6 Pentastar
- eight-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmission
- Dana 44s front and rear with 4.10 gears
- RockTrac transfer case with an 84 to 1 crawl ratio
- proprietary Fox Shocks
- electronic front and rear lockers
- electronic disconnecting sway bars
- high clearance fenders
- 33-inch tires
- 5-foot steel bed with optional spray-in bed liner
- available in four trim configurations: Sport, Sport S, Overland and Rubicon
The new pickup will be built in Toledo, Ohio and is expected to be available in the second quarter of 2019.
Read Tom’s complete story and see more photos of the new pickup.