The 38th Annual Shell Rotella SuperRigs is going virtual this year offering truck drivers from across North America the opportunity to enter and showcase their trucks. The truck beauty contest will accept entries Aug. 10 to 21 and will have as its a theme Legends of the Road. Award winners will be announced daily Sept. 14 to 18 on Shell Rotella social channels as part of National Truck Driver Appreciation Week.
“North American truck drivers have faced unprecedented challenges on the road this year and we appreciate the essential work they do every day,” said Annie Peter, North American marketing manager for Shell Rotella. “We believe it is important to hold Shell Rotella SuperRigs in order to celebrate and highlight their hard work and to showcase many of the amazing looking trucks that are on the road. Drivers will be able to post photos and videos to highlight their truck and share its story with the trucking community.”
Many of the traditional Shell Rotella SuperRigs categories will be featured and entries will be judged by trucking industry professionals who work for major trucking publications or broadcast companies. Judging will take place Aug. 24 through Sept. 4. All winners will receive MyMilesMatter reward points and a limited-edition Shell Rotella jacket.
The awards for 2020 Shell Rotella SuperRigs are the following:
- Best of Show (three awards)
- Tractor Division (three awards)
- Tractor Trailer Division (three awards)
- Classic Division (three awards)
There will also be two special recognition categories with one award for each:
- Most Hardworking Trucker – Contestants interested in competing for the award may enter during the online registration process and tell their personal story of how they worked hard over the past year. SuperRigs judges will select the winner.
- People’s Choice – Contestants and spectators can register their vote for the award. Everyone is encouraged to browse all of the entries on the website to find the truck they like the best and then cast their vote. Voting for People’s Choice will take place August 24-September 4 and you may vote one time per day, per email address.
Contestants will have the opportunity to submit up to 10 photos and two videos (videos can be up to two minutes in length per video) for each category entered. Contestants are encouraged to provide a link to their entry on social media using #SuperRigs and #contest.
The Best of Show winner will be featured in the 2022 Shell Rotella SuperRigs calendar. The 2021 Shell Rotella SuperRigs calendar will be a special edition, celebrating the past 37 years of the famed event and feature trucks from previous SuperRigs calendars.