A new route across the South is advocated by a group that says it will create economic opportunities for those in need.
A map shows the proposed Interstate-14 running through the central portions of all five states including:
- Texas from I-10 through the Killeen and College Station areas
- Louisiana through Alexandria
- Mississippi through the Natchez, Laurel, and Meridian
- Alabama through Selma, Montgomery and Phenix City
- Georgia it would connect Columbus with Macon and Augusta
The plan is being advanced by a University of Georgia student and two friends from Alabama, according to media reports.