That device on your wrist that assists you getting in better shape can now help you get a better night’s sleep, and that’s something of considerable concern for all truck drivers.
FitBit just added a set of free sleep tools it says will help you have a more consistent — and therefore healthier — sleep pattern.
Sleep Schedule feature helps guide you to get a more consistent pattern of sleep with:
- Personalized sleep goals based on your sleep data to achieve your optimal amount of sleep each night
- Customized bedtime and wakeup targets to establish sleep consistency
- Reminders to stay on schedule, and a sleep schedule history to chart your progress
A statement from FitBit says, “These tools are the first in a series of new sleep features being developed in collaboration with Fitbit’s new panel of leading sleep experts that includes Drs. Michael Grandner at the University of Arizona, Allison Siebern at Stanford University, and Michael Smith at Johns Hopkins University.”
According to the company, the new Sleep Schedule features on the Fitbit app include:
- Sleep Goal: Based on your sleep data from your Fitbit tracker, you can follow the app’s personalized recommendations or set your target number of hours to make sure you’re getting enough sleep each night.
- Bedtime and Wake Up Targets: Based on your sleep goal and past sleep behavior from your Fitbit tracker, the app will recommend target bedtime and wake up times. You can customize these based on your personal preferences and schedule.
- Bedtime and Wake Up Reminders: To help you reach your sleep goal and regularly go to bed and wake up more consistently, you can receive push notification reminders on your smartphone. You can also set a silent wake alarm on your Fitbit tracker based on your wake up target.
- Sleep Schedule History Chart: Track your sleep consistency over time to determine if you’re meeting your goals or if you need to adjust your sleep schedule.