As the deadline for the mandatory installation of electronic logging devices in most trucks approaches (Dec. 18), ease of installation is an important option for some drivers.
A new electronic logging device from Stoneridge is designed to be easy to install and easy to use. Even its name is meant to keep things simple: the EZ-ELD.
According to the company, the ease of use begins with plug and play installation. The device, which is certified by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, comes with six- and nine-pin connectors as well as one for OBDII.
It uses a smartphone app to track hours of service and driver vehicle inspection reports and stores up to six months of data.
The EZ-ELD also uses “Scan and Drive” technology. Drivers working with several vehicles can scan in a QR code and their smartphone will automatically connect the with the device.
- Scan and Drive truck pairing
- Quick “plug and play” installation
- FMCSA certified
- No hidden fees and no contract
- Super-simple user interface for drivers via mobile app (Android and iOS)
- Unlimited drivers per device
- Free installation, setup and training
- Available for $149 at travel stops; requires a $15 per month software subscription.