There's no denying it, these are busy days for the American trucking industry.
The number of COVID-19 vaccinations climbs every day and more communities and even entire states are edging toward life as it was before the arrival of the pandemic more than a year ago. Freight demand is up, meaning more drivers are doing, well, more driving.
All of this activity is also putting more demands on drivers, and the current edition of the Overdrive and Truckers News Truckers' Gear Guide from the RoadPro Family of Brands is loaded with tips, insights, and products to ensure drivers have as easy a time on the road as possible. With summer looming, driver comfort is important, and the guide offers help on that score as well.
The current Gear Guide contains articles about:
- The latest generation of trucking-specific navigation devices. More and more GPS units designed with pro drivers in mind are filling truck stop shelves and providing information to make trucker travel easier and safer.
- Great snacks for truckers. Having a snack to stave off hunger between meals does not mean heading straight to the candy aisle of your friendly neighborhood travel center. Instead, the Guide offers a list of eight great healthy snacks drivers can easily carry over the road. The guide also has a great recipe for healthy granola.
- In-cab lighting. This illuminating article offers some bright ideas on easy to install and use lighting to make your truck's cab more comfortable, safer, and more enjoyable to spend time in after driving all day.
- Mobile technology to keep you connected and your devices well-charged. There are details on a convenient bundle of accessories from MobileSpec for your smartphone and other devices.
- Jon Osburn. He drove the Spirit of the American Trucker rig for the Owner-Operators Independent Drivers Association until his recent retirement.
- How to clean your truck's cab when you're a slip seat driver
Check out these articles and find out how to win $1,000 in reward points and other prizes in RoadPro's Gear Hunt.