This issue of the Gear Guide is loaded with information to help you make the most of the season, including two celebrations right up the alley of truckers. The new Gear Guide includes:
- A guide to CB radios and the accessories you need to make the most of them. Contrary to popular belief, the smartphone has not totally replaced the CB radio as the "go-to" device for on-the-road communications for professional drivers. This guide offers insights into what to look for when shopping for a CB.
- A thank you to truckers from the RoadPro Family of Brands. With Truck Driver Appreciation Week Sept. 11-17 RoadPro says be on the lookout for their RoadPro Pro Driver Council members handing out goodie bags filled with useful items for your on-the-go lifestyle. Inside those bags will be a thank you card with a scannable code to enter to win a prize pack valued at $400. RoadPro will also host a special music series on its Facebook page the week of Sept. 11, featuring several artists that are also truck drivers. Each day it will feature a truck driving musician including Bill Weaver, Long Haul Paul, Mandi Jo from Idaho, Ken Freeman, Guy Archer, and Taylor Barker. RoadPro also premiers its Trucker Appreciation video that week.
- A roundup of the latest new gear for Fall
- Tips from Hope Zvara on the five foods to eat to combat premature aging
- A great recipe from trucker Chris Plummer for apples and sausage you can prepare on your truck
- A look at the new line of logo apparel from Cummins
- A video from driver Gary Johnson on the importance of having a CB in your truck
- Tips from Rich Guida, brand manager at Howes, on why it makes sense to ensure your fuel injectors stay clean and functioning properly
- Details about National CB Radio Day, Oct. 4 (10-4)