If you happen to be any where near San Antonio, Tex. next Wednesday (April 22), find a reason to swing into the Petro Stopping Center at 1 p.m. CST.
Doing so will put you there just in time to catch the opening stop of the Truckload Carrier Association’s (TCA) third annual Highway Angel Truck Stop Tour featuring country singer/songwriter Lindsay Lawler and hosted by TravelCenters of America (TA). Sponsors for this, the third annual tour, include Wholesale Truck and Finance, Schneider Trucking and EpicVue.
The tour will include visits to 15 TA/Petro locations in Colorado, Connecticut, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Tennessee, Ohio, Missouri, Louisiana, Illinois, Iowa, Virginia, Florida, Kentucky and Arkansas.
“I started doing the truck stop tour because I wanted to reach the trucking community and share the music that I created about them and the industry they so proudly represent,” said Lawler. “We’ve had a lot of fun, learned a few lessons, and now, getting ready to kick off our third tour, we feel we’ve somewhat mastered the truck stop tour concept. I am so proud to be the spokesperson for Truckload Carriers Association’s (TCA) Highway Angel program and I’m really excited for this tour to go back to the truck stops.”
Each tour stop includes an hour-long acoustic performance by Lawler from her flatbed truck stage, with select locations to include live radio coverage.
For the performances in San Antonio, Missouri, Illinois, Colorado and Connecticut, Lawler will serve as musical host for TA’s Citizen Driver local unveiling and reception ceremonies. At each unveiling, the TA or Petro location has been renamed for one of the 2015 Citizen Driver honorees.
Citizen Driver is a program launched by TA in 2013 that recognizes drives who lead exemplary lives, both on and off the road. Lawler recently penned “I Drive”, a song co-written by her producer Chris Roberts, specifically for the Citizen Driver program, which will be performed at each ceremony.
Stops already on the schedule include:
- April 22: San Antonio Petro Stopping Center, 1112 Ackerman Road, San Antonio, Tx. @ 1 p.m. CST
- May 11: Oak Grove TravelCenters of America, 100 North Broadway, Oak Grove, Mo. @ 11 a.m. CST
- May 15: Bloomington TravelCenters of America, 505 Truckers Lane, Bloomington, Ill. @ 5:30 p.m. CST
- May 20: Commerce City TravelCenters of America, 5101 Quebec Street Commerce City, Colo. @ 11 a.m. MST
- May 23: Willington TravelCenters of America, 327 Ruby Road, Willington, Conn. @ 11 a.m. EST
- July 10: Walcott TravelCenters of America (2015 Iowa 80 Truckers Jamboree), 755 W. Iowa 80 Road Walcott, Iowa @ TBD (Also featuring Josh Abbott Band)
To learn more about the 2015 Highway Angel Truck Stop Tour, visit www.truckstoptour.com.