Montague Bikes has designed a bicycle with truckers in mind. The new Paratrooper Pro mountain bike is an all-purpose bike with full-size wheels, and it folds up for easy storage in a rig’s cab.
The bike’s specs:
- 27-speed Shimano Deore drivetrain
- Suntour front suspension for bumps along the way
- Multipurpose tires for off-road riding, pavement and light trails
- Disc brakes
- Standard 26-inch wheels
- Folds down to 36 inches wide, 28 inches high and 12 inches deep
- Folds in 20 seconds
- Weighs 31 pounds
- Industry standard components
- DirectConnect folding system for increased frame stiffness
- RackStand standard cargo rack and mud guard that converts into a kickstand and also supports the bike to stand upright when in the folded position
Ryan Walas, director of marketing for Montague Bikes, said the Paratrooper Pro works for truckers looking for a more active lifestyle.
“Wherever the road takes truckers, a Paratrooper Pro is the perfect complement to help them explore farther wherever they stop along the journey,” Walas said.
The Paratrooper Pro retails for $995.