Seminars at the Mid-America Trucking Show will cover how to become an independent owner-operator, industry regulations, and an appearance by Ice Road Truckers star Alex Debogorski.
Debogorski is scheduled to participate in a seminar on “Life on the Ice Road” Saturday, March 30, from 12:30-1:30 p.m.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration will also be on hand throughout MATS to provide an update on legislative actions, assisted technologies for drivers, and an update on the electronic logging device mandate.
The truck show is at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, March 28-30. All seminars will take place in B-104 in the South Wing Lobby.
The seminar schedule:
Thursday, March 28:
- 10-11 a.m.: Owner-Operators: How to Negotiate the Most Profitable Freight, Truckstop.com’s Brent Hutto
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: Top 5 Trends Driving the Trucking Industry, Bibby Financial Services
- 12:30-1:30 p.m.: The Battle for Profit: Helping You Navigate the Biggest Obstacles to Success in Today’s Market, Trucker Tools
- 1:45-2:45 p.m.: Turning Data into Insights: Using ELDs and Video to Increase Efficiency and Safety, KeepTruckin
- 3-4 p.m.: FMCSA Session: Legislatively Mandated Actions Update, FMCSA
- 4:15-5:15 p.m.: Benefits of ELD and Factoring Services for Your Trucking Company, OTR Capital and KeepTruckin
Friday, March 29:
- 10-11 a.m.: Inside the Mind of a Shipper: What It Takes to Be Their Carrier of Choice, Convoy CEO Dan Lewis
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: FMCSA Session: Assisted Technologies for Drivers, FMCSA
- 12:30-1:30 p.m.: How to Increase Profitability in a Heavy Duty Repair Shop, Fullbay
- 1:45-2:45 p.m.: How Untreated Driver Health Conditions Cost Drivers and the Industry Billions of Dollars Each Year, UrgentCareTravel
- 3-4 p.m.: Owner-Operators: Pathway to Independence – Step by Step to Becoming Independent, Truckstop.com’s Kevin Rutherford, Brent Hutto, Jenna Moore
- 4:15-5:15 p.m.: 3 Easy Ways to Pull Ahead of Your Competition, Samsara
Saturday, March 30:
- 10-11 a.m.: Owner-Operators: Using Technology to Grow and Manage Your Business, Truckstop.com’s Jenna Moore
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: How to Start a Trucking Company, Apex Capital Corp
- 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Alex Debogorski: Life on the Ice Road, Lanefinder Driver Recruiting
- 1:45-2:45 p.m.: FMCSA Session: Electronic Logging Devices Update, FMCSA
- 3-4 p.m.: Commercial Motor Vehicle Inspections, Kentucky State Police