Alabama Motor Express, a family-owned trucking, and third-party logistics company, today announced what it calls "an unprecedented driver rewards payment program," under which drivers can add up to 7 cents per mile more to their base pay for safely driving more miles.
Beginning April 1, AMX will add up to 7 cents per mile for over-the-road drivers and up to 4 cents per mile for regional drivers — above a base pay up to $0.43 per mile — by meeting mileage milestones. AMX's plan includes:
OTR drivers payment program:
- Drivers with 10,000+ miles/month receive an additional $.02 per mile.
- Drivers with 11,000+ miles/month receive an additional $.07 per mile.
Regional drivers payment program:
- Drivers with 9,000+ miles/month receive an additional $.02 per mile.
- Drivers with 10,000+ miles/month receive an additional $.04 per mile.
Team monthly payment program:
- Drivers with 16,000+ miles/month receive an additional $.04 per mile.
“Our drivers are the key to our success,” said Collins White, president of logistics for AMX. “As a family-owned transportation company started by a truck driver, AMX realizes the importance of rewarding drivers for their hard work, dedication, and safety. We’re excited to offer this new compensation program to our drivers for their stellar performances each month.”
Founded in 1988, Alabama Motor Express has more than 250 power units and over 600 trailers serving the 48 contiguous states and Canada. The company is based in Ashford, Alabama.