Schneider is upgrading its Dallas-area driver facilities to include a new operating center with a variety of driver amenities.
The new facility is expected to open in January 2020 and will have:
- Expanded tractor (304 stalls) and trailer (340 stalls) parking – nearly 50% more than the current location
- Driver business center
- Driver video lounge with power charging stations
- Driver quiet lounge with power charging stations
- Exercise equipment and space
- Expanded free laundry services
- Nine shower stalls
- Full-service café with seating
- Wi-Fi enabled yard
- Off-hour open-concept vending service
- Company retail store
- Onsite training simulator
The site will also feature a maintenance building with 10 tractor bays, five trailer bays, three express bays, two PM pits, a 6,700-square-foot parts room, and two open steam bay stations.
The Dallas operating center will manage over 500 drivers. The new location will be built at 1211 E. Pleasant Run Road in Wilmer, Texas, central to the I-45 and I-20 corridors. It will replace the current facility located at 34500 LBJ Freeway in Dallas, which Schneider opened in 2000.