XPO Logistics recently launched new benefits for participants in its driver training programs.
The company’s recent enhancements to student compensation and training options are designed to provide career paths, with access to schools in about 30 states, and the flexibility to arrange local attendance, according to a statement from the company.
XPO driver trainees now receive:
- Seven weeks of training, including five weeks of classroom instruction and two weeks of on-the-job experience with a mentor in the cab
- Free tuition and a guaranteed wage paid for all 180 hours of classroom instruction and on-the-job training — a $10,000 value — plus the opportunity for paid dock work during the course of the program
- A benefits package from day one of training, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability
- An XPO job offer for students who successfully complete the program requirements
- An accelerated compensation path for driver graduates in 85 U.S. markets