To help people better understand their heart health the American Heart Association (AHA) offers Life’s Simple 7. The program generates a score for you based on answers to a series of questions on seven different health areas.
After providing you a synopsis of your heart health and where you ought to be, the program offers suggested steps to help you reach those goals. You can print or save this information after you’ve completed the program.
You can get your heart score here.
Life’s Simple 7 analyzes the following:
1. Blood Pressure: Keeping a healthy blood pressure range reduces strain on your heart, arteries and kidneys.
2. Cholesterol: Controlling your cholesterol helps keep plaque from building up in and clogging your arteries.
3. Blood Sugar: Reducing your blood sugar helps prevent damage to your heart, kidneys, eyes and nerves.
4. Activity: Daily physical activity helps you achieve and maintain better health.
5. Diet: A heart-healthy diet helps ward off heart disease.
6. Weight: Losing weight helps reduce the work done by your heart, lungs, blood vessels and skeleton.
7. Smoking: Smoking increases your risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
[gtbutton link=”http://www.truckersnews.com/heart-month-2016/”]Follow All Our Healthy Heart Stories Here[/gtbutton]