The Magellan RoadMate RC9485T-LMB, a 7” Android truck GPS navigation system debuting at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week, is optimized for independent truckers and professional commercial drivers.
With an extra loud speaker, an external Audio/Video input for a backup camera, and its OneTouch favorites menu offers ease-of-use and allows for a personalized travel experience.
The $299.95 RC9485T-LMB is compatible with the Magellan SmartGPS Eco cloud, giving drivers easy access to time and money-saving content such as: real-time fuel pricing information, weather (including five-day forecast and overlays), truck speed limit warnings and IP traffic.
The Magellan RoadMate RC9485T-LMB offers users a host of truck navigation features including:
- Multiple Driver Log-in allows drivers to log HOS (hours of service) and driving status, track hours and record state mileage for IFTA fuel logging. Drivers can also conveniently export all logs for reporting and tracking of each trip.
- Customizable Truck Route sets up vehicle profile and calculates routes based on height, weight, width, length, and hazmat restrictions; it guides users according to their route preferences and vehicle profile.
- Multiple-Stop Routing lets drivers plan their trip with multiple stops in the order they want or automatically optimizes for the most efficient route, helping to save time and money.
- Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts, sent directly to their GPS unit, lets users plan more precise travel times and ETAs by avoiding traffic jams and other delays.
- Junction View displays a realistic image of the road and highway signs to help guide drivers to the correct lane that the vehicle needs to be in for safe merging and exiting.
- Landmark Guidance gives users an easier way to navigate to their destinations by telling them to turn at familiar landmarks, such as gas stations, stores or other large, easily-seen places instead of only street names that may be hard to locate and/or read.
- Highway Lane Assist helps when navigating complex highway interchanges, ensuring that a driver stays on the correct roadway.
- Exit POIs indicate where truck stops, food, lodging, rest areas, and weigh stations are located at an approaching exit.
- Integrated Bluetooth® 4.0 wireless technology allows drivers to safely talk hands free on compatible Bluetooth phones.