Rand McNally today launched the TND™ Tablet – marrying its TND™ truck GPS device with an Android tablet pre-loaded with trucking applications and access to the Android marketplace.
Priced at $499.99, the TND Tablet is available at retail truck stops and travel centers, and select online outlets.
The in-cab device is designed to serve drivers on the road, in their mobile offices and with their lives in general. The new device brings together solutions drivers use while operating their vehicles such as truck-specific routing, mileage tracking, and an on-board dash cam. It comes pre-loaded with applications to help manage the business of driving such as document scanning, load matching and book-keeping assistance. It also enables drivers to check email, keep up with social media and download entertainment for viewing on an 8-inch screen.
“Our goal was to create an indispensible tool for professional truck drivers,” said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally. “The all-new device is able to handle the critical needs of drivers on the road – from award-winning navigation to business management, entertainment, and connections to home.”
The TND™ Tablet offers:
- IntelliRoute® TND™ truck-specific navigation software,
- Rand McNally’s TripMaker® planning tool that allows drivers to create a trip on the tablet and then push the route to the TND™ on the tablet for routing,
- An eBook edition of Rand McNally’s #1-selling Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas,
- An onboard dash cam that records video of the road ahead,
- An option to use the tablet for E-logs, when paired with Rand McNally’s HD 100.*
It also includes apps:
- Fuel Manager, from Let’s Truck – a tank-by-tank tracking of fuel costs (including partials) and mileage. This app helps drivers learn how to improve their trucks’ fuel performance.
- Profit Gauges, from Let’s Truck – an accounting/bookkeeping system for owner-operators and company drivers alike includes overview screens for a quick business assessment, profit and loss statements, month end and tax reporting.
- Truck It Smart’s load board – allows real-time access for posting and searching loads or trucks. A proven, powerful and easy-to-use tool, this online freight-matching solution helps simplify logistics and increase profitability for shippers, brokers, and truckers.
- TRANSFLO Mobile+ — provides a one-stop solution to speed cash flow and optimize communications between carriers, brokers and drivers by allowing scanning and submission of documents on the go (including accident and claims documents) using the tablet’s built-in camera.
The tablet includes
- Wi-Fi connectivity allows drivers to access additional applications in the Rand McNally market, check e-mail, and download movies and entertainment for use when off-duty.
- A magnetic, commercial-grade powered mount with an additional GPS antenna, ensuring that the navigation experience is superior. Rugged enough for the in-cab environment, the mount is magnetic, allowing for the TND Tablet to easily be removed for use at a truckstop, home or in the sleeping berth.
- Rand McNally’s largest and brightest high definition screen yet – an 8″ screen with pinch and zoom functionality.
- Compatibility with rear or side-view camera (sold separately).
* HD 100 is sold separately, and requires a monthly service plan.