Two Nebraska fleets were honored with the Best Fleets to Drive For award today at the Truckload Carriers Association annual meeting in Orlando, Fla.
Fremont Contract Carriers, based in Fremont, won the award in the large carrier category. Grand Island Express, based in Grand Island, won in the small carrier category.
Carriers Edge is the program’s lead sponsor. Bose and Marsh are also sponsors.
Carriers Edge CEO Jane Jazrawy said the 20 finalists for the awards had an average annual turnover rate below 35 percent.
Fremont Contract Carriers, Motor Carrier Service, Northwood, Ohio; and Paramount Freight Systems, Ft Myers, Florida; have been finalists for five consecutive years. The other finalists were:
- Bay and Bay Transportation, Eagan, Minnesota
- Bison Transport, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Boyle Transportation, Billerica, Massachusetts
- Central Oregon Truck Company, Inc, Redmond, Oregon
- Erb Group, New Hamburg, Ontario
- Farm2Fleet, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- FTC Transportation, Inc., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Halvor Lines, Inc., Superior, Wisconsin
- Interstate Distributor Co., Tacoma, Washington
- Kriska Holdings Ltd., Prescott, Ontario
- Landstar System, Inc., Jacksonville, Florida
- Liberty Linehaul Inc., Ayr, Ontario
- Nussbaum Transportation, Hudson, Illinois
- Tennant Truck Lines, Inc., Colona, Illinois
- TransPro Freight Systems Ltd., Milton, Ontario
- WTI Transport, Tuscaloosa, Alabama