Schneider, one of the nation’s largest truckload carriers, recently honored a number of its drivers with awards that recognize career driving milestones.
The recognition consisted of Haul of Fame inductions, Million Mile Driver Awards and Consecutive Safe Driving Year Awards.
Entrance into Schneider’s Haul of Fame is awarded to drivers who have accumulated 3 million safe driving miles and/or 20 consecutive years of safe driving without an accident or safety infraction.
According to the company, 24 new inductees met these criteria, joining 225 other Schneider Haul of Fame members. Schneider will install plaques in their honor on the wall at the company’s corporate headquarters in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
The Million Mile Award was earned by drivers who have transported freight over 1 million accident-free miles. The number of drivers reaching career milestones include:
- 102 new 1-Million Mile Award winners
- 50 new 2-Million Mile Award winners
- 12 new 3-Million Mile Award winners
Schneider also recognized 134 drivers who have remained accident-free for 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 or 35 years. This year’s Consecutive Safe Years Driving Award winners include:
- 76 new 10-year Consecutive Safe Years Driving honorees
- 33 new 15-year Consecutive Safe Years Driving honorees
- 16 new 20-year Consecutive Safe Years Driving honorees
- 6 new 25-year Consecutive Safe Years Driving honorees
- 2 new 30-year Consecutive Safe Years Driving honorees
- 1 new 35-year Consecutive Safe Years Driving honoree
Mark De Sotel, who received the 35-year Consecutive Safe Years Driving Award, said the key to avoiding accidents is to remain aware of one’s surroundings at all times.
“Don’t take unnecessary risks,” De Sotel said. “Instead, slow down and focus on predicting what the people in front of you, beside you and behind you are going to do next before they actually do it.”
The company will hold 14 banquets across North America this spring to recognize new Haul of Fame inductees as well as all those receiving the Million Mile Awards and Consecutive Safe Years Driving Awards.