The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is accepting nominations for its 34th annual Highway Hero Award now through Nov. 29.
To nominate a truck driver for the award, click on this link, fill out the nomination form, and hit the “submit” button, which will send your nomination to Goodyear.
The Goodyear Highway Hero Award was established in 1983 to honor truck drivers who put themselves in harm’s way to help others.
Goodyear will announce the winner next March during the 2017 Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville.
This year’s Goodyear Highway Hero Award winner, Julian Kaczor, a truck driver from Utica, New York pulled a severely injured motorist from a flame-engulfed car.
To be considered, Goodyear Highway Hero Award candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a full-time truck driver
- Must reside in the U.S. or Canada
- The heroic incident must have happened in the U.S. or Canada
- Nominee’s truck must have had 12 wheels or more at the time of the incident
- Nominee must have been on the job – or on the way to or from work, in his or her truck – at the time of the incident
- Incident must have taken place between Nov. 16, 2015, and Nov. 16, 2016
A panel of trucking industry judges will select the winner.
Additional terms and conditions apply. Click here for a copy of contest rules.